Have you thought about wanting to do something more interesting for your family’s Christmas table? How about this year you can offer healthy desserts with the most pleasant Christmas flavors. Julia, our nutritionist, came up with two great desserts and one mulled wine recipe that are perfect for christmas!
Orange cream with spiced cookies
- 300 ml whipping cream (whipping oat cream, regular whipping cream, coconut whipping cream)
- Juice of the half of big orange
- 1 ts orange extract
- 1 ts vanilla extract
- 1-2 ts lemon-buckthorn collagen
- Spiced cookies from rye flour and spiced cookies with milder flavour
- Freeze-dried berries for decoration (optional)
Crush spiced cookies in smaller pieces using a food processor or between kitchen towels. As a result you should have crumbs and also a little bigger pieces.
Put all the other ingredients in a separate bowl and whip into a stable foam (when you turn the bowl upside down, everything stays in the bowl) .
If you want to add freshness to the cream you can also add chopped orange or clementine.
Take small bowls or glasses and make layers – first layer is orange cream, second is spiced cookies from rye flour, now cream again and mild spiced cookies and the last layer is cream again. Use for decoration small amount of crushed cookies and different freeze-dried berries.
Chocolate mousse with cherry foam
- 200 ml creme fraiche (both vegan and regular are good)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 ts vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 50 g dark chocolate
- a little of salt
- 1 ts Be Fit superfood mix
- 175 g cherries
- One can of chickpeas aqvafaba (liquid in a can of chickpeas)
- 4-5 tbsp brown sugar
- little bit of lime juice
- 2 ts raspberry-cherry collagen
To make a chocolate cream put all the ingredients (except chocolate) in a food processor and whip into foam. Now melt the chocolate in a water bath and start adding to the cream whipping at the same time. When the cream is ready, put it in the fridge.
Put aquafaba in a food processor and start whipping it on the biggest speed. When the liquid becomes white, you can start adding flavours. Make puree from the cherries in a blender and add sugar, stir until sugar has melted. Now add cherries and collagen to the foam and whip in the processor until the foam is stable. Taste the foam and add some lime juice, if needed.
Now it is time for serving. Take glasses and put chocolate cream in them (about half of the glass) and on top of the cream you can put cherry foam, about heaped tablespoon. You can decorate your dessert with some berries and pieces of chocolate.
You can eat cherry foam and chocolate mousse separate desserts. Cherry foam should be eaten right away.
- 1 bottle of red semi-sweet wine
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- Half of handful of raisins
- Half of handful of cardamom (about 20 pcs)
- A little less than a handful of cloves (about 15-18 pcs)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 pieces of ginger (size of a thumb tip) – my were dried
- Zest of half of the smaller orange – my was dried
- 1 tbsp Be Healthy superfood mix
Pour wine to the pot, add sugar and spices. When the temperature is about 75-80C, put the heat off and let the wine sit under the lid for about 40 minutes. Now, when all the flavours have opened up and the wine has cooled down a little, add Be Healthy superfood mix and stir nicely. Enjoy until warm! If it sounds easier, you can use a special mix for the mulled wine, you can find it in any supermarket.